Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why I make a big breakfast most weekends. Bacon molasses pancakes.

First, let me apologize for not posting Friday or Saturday.  Friday was my husbands command Christmas Party.  In January.  Gotta love the military. hahaha  So I fed the kids left over Indian beans and rice and we ate what they were serving at the party.  But I looked pretty great!!!!

We had a good time.  It is always fun to go get all dressed up,go out, and act like a grown up.

Saturday morning I got up and I always cook a real breakfast on the weekends.  This weekend I did Bacon molasses pancakes, and scrambled eggs with cheese.   My kids were in heaven.  I also gave them yogurt and fresh fruit.
  Here is how you do it. 

2 cup self rising flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbls honey
1 tbls mollasses
2 c milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla
4 slices bacon cooked crispy or 1/2 cup 100% bacon bits.
1 cup pecans ( I smacked mine with a rolling pin so they were not halves. )



Mix dry ingredients then add honey molasses eggs, applesauce, and milk.  Mix until large lumps are gone.  Cook on a griddle for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form.  Then flip and cook another 2 minutes or so. 

On the griddle watching for bubbles

See the bubbles.  The edge should start to pull up from the pan too.

OOPS  I burnt one a tiny bit trying to get pictures.  But it still tasted amazing

The fruit and yogurt didn't make the picture.


You can safely half this recipe.  I like it because it makes a bunch of pancakes.  After they cool I spread parchment paper on a cookie sheet and freeze them.  Then after 2 hours I toss them in a large freezer bag and we have pancakes for weekday breakfasts.  I also make a ton of muffins when I make those and freeze them in the same way. 

Your kids, and husband will LOVE this breakfast.  I like it too, but I just do not eat much in the way of breads.  You know it is a hit when your 3 year old sits there and yells for more "cake and gurt"  My tiny 7 year old even ate seconds, and thirds.  yep. 




Sorry I didn't post this Saturday.  I was so busy enjoying my kids playing outside I didn't get around to doing so.  Tomorrow I will be cooking more again.  The weekend was just too nice to sit inside, and they I fell asleep on the couch.  Getting old sucks MWAHAHAHA!


I had someone tell me that I was fat the other day...  I wanted to cry, slap that man, or just laugh.  What I did was come home and go through some clothes I can not wear because I am healthier now.  Sometimes I get so upset when people are jerks.  I hate to admit this.  But I did buy myself an elliptical trainer so I can work out in my home and not be so big.  Will I ever get back to that?  HELL NO!!  But I still get freaked out by the prospect.  Here you go.  Also, rude comments will be deleted. 


2 years ago.  Before my Gastric Bypass. 



No comments:

Post a Comment